Two fascinating formulas for bilateral hypergeometric series are proved. The second portion of the chapter is devoted to a beautiful continued fraction related to hypergeometric polynomials.
KeywordsContinue Fraction Moment Problem Wilson Polynomial Lost Notebook Hahn Polynomial
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
- 10.G. Andrews and R. Askey, Classical orthogonal polynomials, in Polynômes Orthogonaux et Applications, Lecture Notes in Mathematics No. 1171, Springer-Verlag, New York, 1985, pp. 36–82.Google Scholar
- 17.R. Askey and J.A. Wilson, Some basic hypergeometric orthogonal polynomials that generalize Jacobi polynomials, Mem. Amer. Math. Soc. 319, 1985.Google Scholar
- 22.E.W. Barnes, A new development of the theory of the hypergeometric functions, Proc. London Math. Soc. (2) 6 (1908), 141–177.Google Scholar
- 124.M.L. Glasser, Evaluation of a class of definite integrals, Univ. Beograd Publ. Elektrotehn. Fak. Ser. Mat. Fiz., No. 506 (1975), 49–50.Google Scholar
- 164.M.E. Horn, Bilateral binomial theorem, SIAM Problem 03-001 (2003), solutions by J.M. Borwein and M.E. Horn, and by G.C. Greubel, http://www.siam.org/journals/categories/03-001.php.
- 187.T.H. Koornwinder, Compact quantum groups and q-special functions, in Representations of Lie groups and quantum groups, V. Baldoni and M.A. Picardello, eds., Longman, Harlow, Essex, UK, 1994, pp. 46–128Google Scholar
- 218.L. Lorentzen and H. Waadeland, Continued Fractions, Vol. 1: Convergence Theory, World Scientific Press, Singapore, 2008.Google Scholar
- 255.S. Ramanujan, Some definite integrals, Mess. Math. 44 (1915), 10–18.Google Scholar
- 267.S. Ramanujan, Collected Papers, Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, 1927; reprinted by Chelsea, New York, 1962; reprinted by the American Mathematical Society, Providence, RI, 2000.Google Scholar
- 305.E.C. Titchmarsh, Theory of Fourier Integrals, Clarendon Press, Oxford, 1937; 3rd ed., Chelsea, New York, 1986.Google Scholar
- 312.H.S. Wall, Analytic Theory of Continued Fractions, D. van Nostrand, New York, 1948; reprinted by Chelsea, New York, 1967; reprinted by the American Mathematical Society, Providence, RI, 2000.Google Scholar
- 318.J.A. Wilson, Hypergeometric Series, Recurrence Relations and Some New Orthogonal Functions, Ph.D. Thesis, University of Wisconsin, Madison, 1978.Google Scholar
© Springer Science+Business Media New York 2013