The Diffraction Grating Micrometer
Part of the Patrick Moore’s Practical Astronomy Series book series (PATRICKMOORE)
Diffraction influences telescopic images by the effect it has on incoming starlight as we have seen in Chap. 10. It can also be used as the basis for a simple micrometer.
KeywordsPosition Angle Spectral Class Double Star Bottom Flange Order Image
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
- Argyle RW (1986) Webb Society deep-sky observer’s handbook, vol 1 (double stars), Enslow, Hillside, New Jesrey, p 41Google Scholar
- Minois J (1984) l’Astronomie, Présentation du micromêtre à diffraction de M. Duruy(A description of M. Duruy’s diffraction micrometer) 98:231–238Google Scholar
- Muirden J (1979) Amateur astronomers handbook. Pelham Books London, pp 297–304Google Scholar
- Richardson L (1924a) JBAA 35:105–106Google Scholar
- Richardson L (1924b) JBAA 35:155–127Google Scholar
- Richardson L (1927a) JBAA 37:247–250Google Scholar
- Richardson L (1927b) JBAA 37:311–317Google Scholar
- Richardson L (1928) JBAA 38:258–261Google Scholar
© Springer Science+Business Media New York 2012