Venous Thromboembolic Disease
The risk of new or recurrent Venous Thromboembolism versus the risk of perioperative bleeding while on anticoagulation should always be discussed with the surgeon.
KeywordsBleeding Risk Neuraxial Anesthesia Recurrent Venous Thromboembolism Specific Dose Recommendation
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
- 1.Lip G. Management of anticoagulation before and after elective surgery. UptoDate. Article revision date 9/2011. Accessed Jan 2012.Google Scholar
- 3.University of Washington Department of Pharmacy Anticoagulation Services. www.uwmcacc.org. Last update 5/10. Accessed Dec 2011.
- 6.Geerts WH, et al. http://www.tigc.org/clinical-guides/Inferior-Vena-Cava-Filters.aspx. Accessed May 2011.
- 7.Fedullo P, et al. Inferior vena cava filters. UptoDate. Article revision date 10/2009.Google Scholar
- 10.Falck-Ytter Y, Francis CW, Johanson NA Curley C, Dahl OE, Schulman S, et al. Prevention of VTE in orthopedic surgery patients. Antithrombotic therapy and prevention of thrombosis, 9th ed: American College of Chest Physicians Evidence-Based Clinical Practice Guidelines. Chest. 2012;141(2 Suppl):e278S–325.PubMedCrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 11.Gould MK, Garcia DA, Wren SM, Karanicolas PJ, Arcelus JI, Heit JA, et al. Prevention of VTE in nonorthopedic surgical patients: antithrombotic therapy and prevention of thrombosis, 9th ed: American College of Chest Physicians Evidence-Based Clinical Practice Guidelines. Chest. 2012;141:e227S–77.PubMedCrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 12.American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons—Medical Specialty Society. 2007 May. American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons clinical guideline on prevention of symptomatic pulmonary embolism in patients undergoing total hip or knee arthroplasty. http://www.ngc.gov/content.aspx?, id=10850. Accessed Dec 2011.
- 14.Erkens P, Prins M. Fixed dose subcutaneous low molecular weight heparins versus adjusted dose unfractionated heparin for venous thromboembolism. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2010; CD001100.Google Scholar
- 15.Jaff MR, McMurtry S, Archer SL, et al. Management of massive and submassive pulmonary embolism, iliofemoral deep vein thrombosis, and chronic thromboembolic pulmonary hypertension: a scientific statement from the American Heart Association. Circulation. 2011;123:1788–830.PubMedCrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 16.Kearon C, Aki EA, Comerota AJ, Prandoni P, Bounameaux H, Goldhaber SZ, et al. Antithrombotic therapy for VTE disease. Antithrombotic Therapy and Prevention of Thrombosis, 9th ed: American College of Chest Physicians Evidence-Based Clinical Practice Guidelines. Chest. 2012;141:e419S–94.PubMedCrossRefGoogle Scholar
© Springer Science+Business Media New York 2013