Heat Transport Properties of Pressurized and Saturated He II in the Vicinity of Tλ
A precise and quantitative experimental analysis of the heat trans- port properties of He II confined to a channel has been performed for Heat flux density and bulk temperature for which the transitions He II — He I, He II — vapor and He II — He I — vapor could occur in the neighborhood of the heating source or in the channel itself. The temperature measurements of the heater and of the He I and He II flow in the channel allow a thermohydrodynamic description of the heat flow. Particular attention is given to the λ transition and thus to the case where a He I layer separates the heater from the He II channel. Moreover, the dynamics of the vaporized He I or He II bubbles is analyzed and their role played in the heat transfer mechanism.
KeywordsVortex Convection Helium Boiling Dition
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.D. Gentile and M.X. Francois, Thermal instabilities in an Helium II channel, in: “Adv. Cryo. Eng.,” Vol. 27, Plenum Press, New York (1982), p. 468.Google Scholar
- 7.O.E. Dwyer, Nucleate-boiling heat transfer, in: “Boiling Liquid Metal Heat Transfer,” eds., American Society, Ill, (1976), p. 225.Google Scholar
- 8.C. Schmidt, Review of steady state and transient heat transfer in pool boiling Helium I, in: “Proc. of Workshop held at Saclay,” (1981), p. 17.Google Scholar
- 9.J.M. Pfotenhauer and R.J. Donnelly, Heat transfer in liquid Helium, in: “Adv. in Heat Transfer,” Vol. 17, Ed. Academic Press, Inc, London, (1985), p. 66.Google Scholar
- 11.N. Zuber et al, “AECU”-4439, (1959).Google Scholar
- 12.M.X. François et al, Observation of nucleate boiling in He II and its effect on heat transfer, in: “Proc. of Workshop held at Saclay,” (1981), P. 85.Google Scholar
- 13.M. Fouaidy, Contribution à l’étude des conduits de réfrigération d’Hélium Superfluide pour les flux supercritiques, “Thèse, Université Paris VI,” (1987).Google Scholar
- 14.E. Sauvage, Contribution à l’étude des milieux diphasiques d’Hélium. “Thèse Université Paris VI,” (1984).Google Scholar
- 15.F. Jebali et al., Noiseless film boiling in superfluid helium on a heated 30 pm diameter wire, presented at the same conference.Google Scholar