Heat Transport Properties of Pressurized and Saturated He II in the Vicinity of Tλ
A precise and quantitative experimental analysis of the heat trans- port properties of He II confined to a channel has been performed for Heat flux density and bulk temperature for which the transitions He II — He I, He II — vapor and He II — He I — vapor could occur in the neighborhood of the heating source or in the channel itself. The temperature measurements of the heater and of the He I and He II flow in the channel allow a thermohydrodynamic description of the heat flow. Particular attention is given to the λ transition and thus to the case where a He I layer separates the heater from the He II channel. Moreover, the dynamics of the vaporized He I or He II bubbles is analyzed and their role played in the heat transfer mechanism.
KeywordsHeat Transfer Heat Flux Heat Transfer Characteristic Heat Transfer Mechanism Heat Transfer Mode
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.D. Gentile and M.X. Francois, Thermal instabilities in an Helium II channel, in: “Adv. Cryo. Eng.,” Vol. 27, Plenum Press, New York (1982), p. 468.Google Scholar
- 7.O.E. Dwyer, Nucleate-boiling heat transfer, in: “Boiling Liquid Metal Heat Transfer,” eds., American Society, Ill, (1976), p. 225.Google Scholar
- 8.C. Schmidt, Review of steady state and transient heat transfer in pool boiling Helium I, in: “Proc. of Workshop held at Saclay,” (1981), p. 17.Google Scholar
- 9.J.M. Pfotenhauer and R.J. Donnelly, Heat transfer in liquid Helium, in: “Adv. in Heat Transfer,” Vol. 17, Ed. Academic Press, Inc, London, (1985), p. 66.Google Scholar
- 11.N. Zuber et al, “AECU”-4439, (1959).Google Scholar
- 12.M.X. François et al, Observation of nucleate boiling in He II and its effect on heat transfer, in: “Proc. of Workshop held at Saclay,” (1981), P. 85.Google Scholar
- 13.M. Fouaidy, Contribution à l’étude des conduits de réfrigération d’Hélium Superfluide pour les flux supercritiques, “Thèse, Université Paris VI,” (1987).Google Scholar
- 14.E. Sauvage, Contribution à l’étude des milieux diphasiques d’Hélium. “Thèse Université Paris VI,” (1984).Google Scholar
- 15.F. Jebali et al., Noiseless film boiling in superfluid helium on a heated 30 pm diameter wire, presented at the same conference.Google Scholar