The G-Matrix in Finite Nuclei
One of the central aims of nuclear structure theory is to derive the properties of nuclei from a realistic nucleon-nucleon (NN) interaction. Such a realistic NN interaction should be determined to describe the interaction of two nucleons in a vacuum, which means that it should reproduce the experimental data on NN scattering and the properties of the deuteron. Typical examples of such realistic NN interactions include purely phenomenological NN potentials, assuming a hard-core [2.1] or a soft-core [2.2] parameterization of the short-range repulsion, but also more microscopic approaches based on the meson-exchange model [2.3,4]. Assuming one of these realistic interactions, one tries to solve the many-body problem of A interacting nucleons and compares the results obtained for observables characterizing the ground-state and low-energy excitations with the experimental data.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- [2.3]R. Machleidt, Adv. in Nucl. Phys. 19, 189 (1989)Google Scholar
- [2.4]R. Vinh Mau, in Mesons in Nuclei Vol. I ( North-Holland, Amsterdam, 1979 ) p. 151Google Scholar
- [2.5]H. Muther, Prog. in Part. and Nucl. Phys. 17, 97 (1986)Google Scholar
- [2.8]P.J. Brussard and P.W.M. Glaudemans, Shell Model Applications in Nuclear Spectroscopy ( North-Holland, Amsterdam, 1977 )Google Scholar
- [2.14]T.T.S. Kuo and E. Osnes, Folded Diagram Theory of the Effective Interaction in Atomic Nuclei, Lecture Notes in Physics 364 ( Springer-Verlag, Berlin and Heidelberg, 1990 )Google Scholar
- [2.16]J.D. Jeukenne, A. Lejeune, and C. Mahaux, Phys. Rep. C25, 83 (1976)Google Scholar
- [2.17]T.T.S. Kuo, Z.Y. Ma, and R. Vinh Mau, Phys. Rev. C33, 717 (1987)Google Scholar
- [2.18]J.G. Zabolitzky, Phys. Lett. B47, 487 (1973)Google Scholar
- [2.21]R.K. Tripathi, A. Faessler, and H. Mather, Phys. Rev. C10, 2080 (1974)Google Scholar
- [2.22]C.W. Wong, Nucl. Phys. A91, 399 (1967)Google Scholar
- [2.28]R.L. Becker, in Effective Interactions and Operators in Nuclei, edited by B.R. Barret ( Springer-Verlag, Berlin and Heidelberg, 1975 ) p. 96Google Scholar
- [2.31]F. Coester, S. Cohen, B.D. Day, and C.M. Vincent, Phys. Rev. Cl, 769 (1970)Google Scholar