On the Length of Codes with a Given Covering Radius
We further develop techniques for showing the non-existence of short codes with a given covering radius. In particular we show that there does not exist a code of codimension 11 and covering radius 2 which has length 64. We conclude with a table which gives the best available information for the length of a code with codimension m and covering radius r for 2 ≤ m ≤ 24 and 2 ≤ r ≤ 24.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- D. Ashlock. private communication.Google Scholar
- R.A. Brualdi, V.S. Pless and R.M. Wilson, Short codes with a given covering radius, IEEE Trans. Inform. Theory (to appear).Google Scholar
- A.R. Calderbank and N.J.A. Sloane, Inequalities for covering codes, preprint.Google Scholar
- R. Kibler. private communicationGoogle Scholar
- J. Simonis, The minimal covering radius t[15,6] of a 6-dimensional binary linear code of length 15 is equal to 4, preprint.Google Scholar
- G.J.M. van Wee, Improved sphere bounds on the covering radius of codes, preprint.Google Scholar
- I.S.Honkala, Modified bounds for covering codes, preprint.Google Scholar