In the Late Afternoon
Modesty, together with an awareness of the quizzical reader, inclines me to write an article less autobiographical than has generously been invited. However, it is true, I realize, that the autobiographical form serves well as a thread upon which to string one’s thoughts, observations and prejudices.
KeywordsTime Series Analysis Late Afternoon Royal Statistical Society Stationary Time Series Geiger Counter
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Matern, B. (1947) Metoder att upskatta noggrannheten vid linje-och provytetaxering. Meddelanden frein Statens Skogsforskningsinstitut 36, 1–138.Google Scholar
- Whittle, P. (1951) Hypothesis Testing in Time Series Analysis. Thesis, Uppsala University. Almqvist and Wiksell, Uppsala.Google Scholar
- Whittle, P. (1954) Some recent contributions to the theory of stationary processes. Appendix (pp. 196–228) to .Google Scholar
- Whittle, P. (1955) An investigation of periodic fluctuations in the N. Z. rabbit population. N. Z. J. Sci. Technol. B 37, 179–200.Google Scholar
- Whittle, P. (1963) Prediction and Regulation by Linear Least-Squares Methods. English Universities Press, London.Google Scholar
- In the Late Afternoon 195Google Scholar
- Whittle, P. (1968) Nonlinear migration processes. Proc. 36th Session ISI, 642–646.Google Scholar
- Whittle, P. (1975) Reversibility and acyclicity. In Perspectives in Probability and Statistics, ed. J. Gani, Applied Probability Trust, Sheffield, 217–224.Google Scholar