Nest Algebras, Causality Constraints, and Multirate Robust Control
Nest operators and nest algebras present a natural framework for studying causality constraints in multirate control systems . In this article, we first give a tutorial on this framework and then look at robust stabilization of analog plants via multirate controllers and provide an explicit solution to the problem.
KeywordsRobust Stabilization Nest Algebra Digital Control System Causality Constraint Nest Operator
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- T. CHEN AND L. QIU, H oc, design of general multirate sampled-data control systems,Automatica (1994) (to appear).Google Scholar
- K. R. DAVIDSON, Nest Algebras, Pitman Research Notes in Mathematics Series 191 Longman Scientific & Technical 1988.Google Scholar
- S. HARA AND P. T. KABAMBA, Worst case analysis and design of sampled-data control systems, Proc. CDC (1990).Google Scholar
- Y. HAYAKAWA, Y. YAMAMOTO, AND S. HARA, 7-too type problem for sampled-data control system—a solution via minimum energy characterization,Proc. CDC (1992) (to appear).Google Scholar
- E. I. JURY AND F. J. MULLIN, The analysis of sampled-data control systems with a periodically time-varying sampling rate, IRE Trans. Automat. Control 4 (1959), pp. 15–21.Google Scholar
- R. E. KALMAN AND J. E. BERTRAM, A unified approach to the theory of sampling systems, J. Franklin Inst. (267) (1959), pp. 405–436.Google Scholar
- G. M. KRANC, Input-output analysis of multirate feedback systems, IRE Trans. Automat. Control 3 (1957), pp. 21–28.Google Scholar
- L. QIU AND T. CHEN, 7í2 and 7i ß designs of multirate sampled-data systems, Proc. ACC 1993. (Also appeared as) IMA Preprint Series (# 1062 ) 1992.Google Scholar
- W. SUN, K. M. NAGFAL, AND P. P. KHARGONEKAR, 7 00 control and filtering with sampled measurements, Proc. ACC (1991).Google Scholar
- G. TADMOR, Optimal sampled-data control in continuous time systems, Proc. ACC (1991).Google Scholar