Problems and Results in a Geometric Approach to the Theory of Systems over Rings
The use of geometric methods in the study of linear systems with coefficients in a ring presents several difficulties, but, as in the case of coefficients in a field, it appears capable of providing efficient solutions to a number of control and observation problems. In this paper we survey some recent results concerning a class of Disturbance Decoupling Problems and we extend the techniques developed in that case to a class of problems concerning the Estimation of Linear Functions of the State.
KeywordsInvariant Subspace Geometric Approach Solvability Condition Linear System Theory Principal Ideal Domain
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- G. Basile and G. Marro, Controlled and Conditioned Invariant Subspaces in Linear System Theory, J.O.T.A. 3 (1969).Google Scholar
- G. Basile and G. Marro, Self-bounded controlled invariant subspaces: a straightforward approach to constrained controllability, J.O.T.A. 38 (1982).Google Scholar
- G. Basile and G. Marro, Controlled and Conditioned Invariants in Linear System Theory, Prentice Hall, 1991.Google Scholar
- G. Conte and A.M. Perdon, Systems over Principal Ideal Domains. A Polinomial Model Approach, SIAM J. Control Opt. 20 (1982).Google Scholar
- G. Conte and A.M. Perdon, The Disturbance Decoupling Problem for Systems over a Ring, in preparation.Google Scholar
- M.L.J. Hautus, Controlled invariance in systems over rings, Springer Lecture Notes in Control and Info. Sci. 39 (1982).Google Scholar
- J.L.J. Hautus, Disturbance rejection for systems over rings, Springer Lecture Notes in Control and Info. Sci. 58 (1984).Google Scholar
- E. Kamen, Lectures on Algebraic System Theory. Linear Systems over Rings, NASA Contractor Report 3016 (1976).Google Scholar
- E. Sontag, Linear Systems over Rings: a Survey, Ricerche di Automatica 7 (1976).Google Scholar
- E. Sontag, Linear Systems over Rings: a (Partial) Update Survey, Proc. IFAC/81, Kyoto, (1981).Google Scholar
- M. Wohnam, Linear multivariable control: a geometric approach, 3rd Ed. Springer Verlag, 1985.Google Scholar