Matrices and Determinants
Part of the Universitext book series (UTX)
The notion of a matrix finds a wide variety of uses in Applied Mathematics. Here we shall examine some of the more important properties of matrices and determinants of complex numbers1.
KeywordsCharacteristic Root Algebraic Property Stochastic Matrice Rectangular Array Unit Modulus
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
References to Additional and Related Material: Section 14
- 1.Ayres, F., “Schaum’s Outline of Theory and Problems of Matrices”, Schaum Publishing Co. (1962).Google Scholar
- 2.Browne, E., “Introduction to the Theory of Determinants and Matrices”, University of North Carolina Press (1958).Google Scholar
- 5.Finkbeiner, D., “Introduction to Matrices and Linear Transformations”, W. H. Freeman, Inc. (1960).Google Scholar
- 6.Gantmacher, F., “The Theory of Matrices”, Chelsea Publishing Co. (1959).Google Scholar
- 7.Greybill, F., “Introduction to Matrices with Applications in Statistics”, Wadsworth Publishing Co. (1969).Google Scholar
- 8.Hollingsworth, C., “Vectors, Matrices and Group Theory for Scientists and Engineers”, McGraw-Hill, Inc. (1967).Google Scholar
- 10.Lancaster, P., “Theory of Matrices”, Academic Press (1969).Google Scholar
- 11.Macduffee, C., “Vectors and Matrices”, Carus Mathematical Monograph 7, Mathematical Association of America (1961).Google Scholar
- 14.Pease, M., “Methods of Matrix Algebra”, Academic Press (1965).Google Scholar
- 15.Pipes, L., “Matrix Methods for Engineers”, Prentice-Hall, Inc. (1963).Google Scholar
- 16.Schkade, L., “Vectors and Matrices”, C. E. Merrill Publishing Co. (1967).Google Scholar
- 17.Schwartz, J., “Introduction to Matrices and Vectors”, McGraw-Hill, Inc. (1961).Google Scholar
- 20.Turnbull, H., “Theory of Determinants, Matrices, and Invariants”, Dover Publications, Inc.Google Scholar
© Springer-Verlag New York Inc. 1979