Isolation, Properties, and Structure of Human IgA Myeloma Globulins
For the past few years our work has been based on the principle that the characteristic covalent structure of 99% of all human immunoglobulins could be established by determining the amino acid sequence of five kinds of polypeptide chains: κ and λ light chains, and γ, μ, and a heavy chains. We reported the first complete sequence of κ (1) and λ (2,3) light chains. Others sequenced the γ chain (4,5) and we recently reported the complete sequence of the μ chain (6). The a chain is the last of the big five, and many laboratories are now engaged in its study.
KeywordsSulfide Carbohydrate Serine Proline Arginine
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 6.Putnam, F.W. , Florent, G., Paul, C., Shinoda, T., and Shimizu, A. , Science in Press.Google Scholar
- 7.Wolfenstein-Todel, C., Prelli, F., Frangione, B., and Franklin, E.C., Biochemistry, in Press.Google Scholar
- 9.Mendez, E., Frangione, B., and Franklin, E.C., Biochemistry, in Press.Google Scholar
- 10.Frangione, B. , and Wolfenstein-Todel, C., Biochemistry, in Press.Google Scholar
- 11.Abel, C.A., and Grey, H.M., Nature, 233: 29, 1971.Google Scholar
- 16.Capra, J.D., Chuang, C.-Y., Kaplan, R., and Kehoe, M., This Symposium.Google Scholar
- 21.Bennich, H., Milstein, C., and Secher, D.S., FEBS Letters, in. Press.Google Scholar