NMR Measurements on 3He Impurity in Solid 4He
Does the impurity move about at low temperatures by exchanging places with host atoms, and if so, what is the tunneling frequency compared with that between a pair of neighboring host atoms?
Assuming the impurities are mobile, what is the form of their motion? In particular, is there some concentration below which the impurities move coherently,1 i.e., like a gas, through the host background?
How do the impurities interact with each other?
KeywordsMolar Volume Solid Helium Tunneling Frequency Isotopic Impurity Spin Diffusion Coefficient
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 6.M. Bernier and A. Landesman, J. de Physique (Suppl.) 32, C5a, 213 (1971)Google Scholar
- 8.A. Landesman and J.M. Winter, this volume.Google Scholar
- 9.K. Luszczynski, R.E. Norberg, and J.E. Opfer, Phys. Rev. 128, 186 (1962); R. Chapman and M.G. Richards, unpublished.Google Scholar
- 11.P.W. Anderson, Phys. Rev . 82, 342 (1951).Google Scholar
- 13.L.H. Nosanow, private communication.Google Scholar