Recent Results for e+e− Annihilation at Spear
In this presentation I shall assume that everyone is familiar with the existence of two narrow resonances coupling to electrons1,2,3 at masses of 3.1 and 3.7 GeV. Properties of these resonances will be described at length. I shall also discuss upper limits which we can place for the production of other such resonances in the range 3.2 to 5.9 GeV.4 Lastly, I shall discuss some tantalizing structure at 4.1 GeV.5 This talk will concentrate upon the experimental facts, various speculations will be left for other speakers. It should be emphasized that most results described are preliminary and are subject to refinement.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.J. J. Aubert etal., Phys. Rev. Letters 33, 1404 (1974).Google Scholar
- 2.J. E. Augustin et al., Phys. Rev. Letters 33, 1406 (1974).Google Scholar
- 3.G. S. Abrams et al., Phys. Rev. Letters 33, 1453 (1974).Google Scholar
- 4.A. M. Boyarski et al., “Search for Narrow Resonances in e+e- Annihilation”, submitted to Phys. Rev. Letters.Google Scholar
- 5.J. E. Augustin et al., “Total Cross Section for Hadron Production by e+e- Annihilation”, submitted to Phys. Rev. Letters.Google Scholar
- 6.J. E. Augustin et al., Phys. Rev. Letters 34, 233 (1975).Google Scholar