Surface Properties of Lymphoid Cells — Summing Up
Great efforts have been made to deliniate the cell surface properties of distinct populations of lymphocytes in experimental animals and in man. To the many tools at our disposal for discrimination between T- and B-cells, a new technique has now been added. The demonstration of non-specific esterase activity in T-lymphocytes promises not only to serve as a useful marker, but may also shed light on the distinct biochemical activity of lymphocyte populations. It now remains to be seen in what T-specific reactions the esterase activity may be of importance.
KeywordsMixed Lymphocyte Reaction Thymus Cell Thymic Involution Cell Surface Property Blastogenic Response
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Schlesinger, M., Gottesfeld, S., and Korzash, Z.Cell. Immunol. 6:49, 1973.Google Scholar
- 2.Galili, U. and Schlesinger, M. J. Immunol. (In Press).Google Scholar
- 6.Rabinowitz, R., Laskov, R., and Schlesinger, M. (In Preparation).Google Scholar
- 8.Galili, U. and Schlesinger, M. (Unpublished data).Google Scholar
- 9.Galili, U., Slavin, S., Eliakim, M., and Schlesinger, M. Clin. Immunol. Immunopathol. (In Press).Google Scholar