Mean-Lives of RbII in the Visible and Vacuum Ultraviolet
From an initial interest in simple gas targets for fast beam spectroscopy with heavy ions we developed a program of measuring RbII mean lives in the visible and VUV. These mean lives were expected to lie in the 5–10ns1, 2 (4p55p configuration) and Ins (resonance levels)3 range respectively and could then serve as good tests for the excitation functions of the various gas targets in comparison to foil excitation. However, during the work the interest shifted more and more to a pure lifetime measuring program and only little attention was paid to a systematic comparison of the various targets. Nevertheless I first want to describe these targets and want then to comment when an experimental comparison was made.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 5.J.Reader and G.Epstein, J. Opt. Soc. Am. 62, 273 (1972)Google Scholar
- 6.H.J.Andra, this conferenceGoogle Scholar
- 7.Petersen, Phys. & Chern. Solids I, 284 (1957)Google Scholar
- 8.M.L.Gaillard et al., Phys. Rev. A12, Sept. (1975)Google Scholar
- 11.H. G. Berry et al., Physica Scripta 1, 179 (1970)Google Scholar