The Overall Research Design and Some Methodical Considerations
- 37 Downloads
In the following pages we will briefly describe the design and methodology of the study. This description will include an outline of the procedures used to include minority and Anglo schoolchildren in the sample, a consideration of the major experimental comparisons that are feasible within the limits of the design, and a discussion of some design problems.
KeywordsAchievement Test Parent Interview Minority Child Sample Child School Desegregation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Campbell, D. T., & Stanley, J. C. Experimental and quasi-experimental designs for research in teaching. In N. L. Gage (Ed.), Handbook of research on teaching. Chicago: Rand McNally, 1963.Google Scholar
- Coleman, J. S., Campbell, E. Q., & Hobson, C. Equality of educational opportunity. Washington, D.C.: U.S. Government Printing Office, 1966.Google Scholar
- Crano, W. D., & Brewer, M. B. Principles of research in social psychology. New York: McGraw-Hill, 1973.Google Scholar
- Ghiselli, E. E. Theory of psychological measurement. New York: McGraw-Hill, 1964.Google Scholar
- Sattler, J. M. Racial experimenter effects. In K. S. Miller & R. M. Dreger (Eds.), Comparative studies of Blacks and Whites in the United States. New York: Seminar Press, 1973.Google Scholar