Rosette Formation in Chicks: With Special Reference to QRBC-Rosettes
The significance of rosette forming cells (RFC) has been well documented in the basic and clinical fields of immunology. In general, sheep red blood cells (SRBC) are extensively used as an indicator of the cells. It was reported, however, that lymphoid cells of chicks formed spontaneous rosettes more efficiently with RBCs of several species of birds as compared with any of the RBCs including those from carp, bull frogs, snakes and some mammals examined . Among the RBCs of birds, Japanese quail RBC (QRBC) formed the highest number of rosettes (QRBC-rosettes) in the bone marrow and spleen. On the other hand, it was difficult to detect them in the thymus and peripheral blood lymphocytes (PBL).
KeywordsPeripheral Blood Lymphocyte Lymphoid Cell Test Mixture Rosette Formation Cortisone Acetate
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Sato, K., Proc. Jap. Soc. Immunol., 5, 135 (1975).Google Scholar
- 3.Sato, K., Immunology, 32, 2 (1977).Google Scholar
- 4.Itoh, M., Thesis, Master of Sci., Nagoya University (1977).Google Scholar
- 6.Ivanyi, J., Cellular Immunol., in press.Google Scholar
- 9.Elves, M. W., The Lymphocytes, 59 pp. (Lloyd-Luke, Ltd., London, 1972 ).Google Scholar