Estimating Surface Temperature in Forced Convection Nucleate Boiling—A Simplified Method
The estimation of wall temperature in forced convection boiling usually involves lengthy calculations. However, a simplified empirical technique has been developed using a liquid nitrogen data base , the principle of corresponding states, and the Kutateladze expression for maximum nucleate heat flux in pool boiling .
KeywordsHeat Flux Forced Convection Boiling Heat Transfer Para Hydrogen Acentric Factor
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.S. S. Papell and R. C. Hendricks, in: Advances in Cryogenic Engineering, Vol. 23, Plenum Press, New York (1978), p. 284.Google Scholar
- 2.S. S. Kutateladze, Atomic Energy Commission Tech. Rept. 1441 (1951).Google Scholar
- 3.J. B. McDonough, W. Milich, and E. C. Ling, Mine Safety Appliances Res. Corp. Tech. Rept. 62 (1958).Google Scholar
- 4.J. W. Schaefer and J. R. Jack, NASA TN D-1214 (1962).Google Scholar
- 5.W. K. Boelter et al., “Studies in Boiling Heat Transfer,” University of California, Los Angeles, California (1951).Google Scholar
- 6.J. A. Clark and W. M. Rohsenow, MIT Division of Industrial Corporation, Rept. DIC-6627, Cambridge, Massachusetts (1952).Google Scholar
- 7.F. Kreith and M. Summerfield, Trans. ASME 71: 805 (1949).Google Scholar
- 8.S. S. Papell, NASA TN D 1583 (1963).Google Scholar
- 9.R. C. Reid and T. K. Sherwood, The Properties of Gases and Liquids, McGraw-Hill Book Company, New York (1966).Google Scholar