Imaging and Characterization of Defects with Digital Signal Processing of Ultrasonic Data
This paper describes the continuation of the work1,2 on synthetic aperture focusing techniques (SAFT) and ultrasonic imaging as well as new work on the measurement of the amplitude and phase as a function of frequency and aperture position.
KeywordsAnisotropy Refraction Decon
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.B.A. Barna and J. A. Johnson, “The Effects of Surface Mapping Corrections with Synthetic-Aperture Focusing Techniques on Ultrasonic Imaging,” Review of Progress in Quantitative NDE, Vol. 1, Plenum Publishing Corp., New York, 1982.Google Scholar
- 2.B.A. Barna and J.A. Johnson, “The Effects of Surface Mapping Corrections with Synthetic-Aperture Focusing Techniques on Ultrasonic Imaging,” EGG-FM-5314, January 1981.Google Scholar
- 3.Ibid., p. 15.Google Scholar
- 4.Ibid., p. 37.Google Scholar
- 5.Ibid., p. 12.Google Scholar
- 6.J.L. Jackson, “Program for Field Validation of the Synthetic Aperture Focusing Technique for Ultrasonic Testing,” NUREG/CR-1885, 31–33, January 1981.Google Scholar