Changes in Affective Perceptions with Changes in Academic Achievement: A Preliminary Study of Three Twelve-Year-Old Boys
At Drexel University in 1967, the Self-Controlled Interactive Learning System (SCILS) Program was started to implement a unique approach developed for teaching basic reading and other academic skills. The SCILS Program revolves around a learner, a monitor, courseware, and equipment. The monitor supervises the SCILS experience, observes the learner while he or she is working with the equipment, and plans the appropriate sequence of learning activities based on the learner’s specific requirements.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Cohen, H., & Weil, G. Tasks of emotional development. Brookline, MA: T.E.D. Associates, 1975.Google Scholar
- Steg, D.R., Mattleman, M., & Hammil, D. Effects of individual programmed instruction on initial reading skills and language behavior in early childhood. International Reading Association, 6 Tyre Avenue, Newark, Delaware, April 1969.Google Scholar
- Steg, D.R., & D’Annunzio, A. Helping problem learners during the early childhood years. Early Childhood Education II Session (C-14), 1972 American Educational Research Association, Palmer House, Chicago, April 6, 1972.Google Scholar
- Steg, D.R. Cybernetics revisited (1978). Frontiers of Strategic Management, International Conference. TIMS/ORSA (The International Management Science and Operations Research Society of America), Americana Hotel, New York, NY: May 1, 1978.Google Scholar
- Steg, D.R. Some theoretical and experimental considerations of responsive environments, learning and social development. In J. Rose (Ed.), Progress of Cybernetics, Vol. 3, London: Gordon & Breach Science Publishers, 1979.Google Scholar
- Steg, D.R., D’Annunzio, A., & Fox, C. Deviation amplifying processes and individual human growth and behavior. In J. Rose (Ed.), Advances in cybernetics and systems: 1646–1655. New York: Gordon & Breach, 1974 (ERIC Document ED 077587).Google Scholar
- Steg, D.R., D’Annunzio, A., & Fox, C. Deviation amplification, two case studies of cognitive development: A seven year report (1969–1976). Vlllth International Congress on Cybernetics, Namur, Belgium, International Association of Cybernetics, September 6, 1976. Publication 1978.Google Scholar
- Steg, D.R., D’Annunzio, A., Fox, C., & Gootman, M. Two case studies in cognitive development. A nine-year report (1969–1978). Council for Exceptional Children, 56th Annual International Convention, Kansas City, May 4, 1978 (ERIC Document 153 431 ).Google Scholar