Multinuclear NMR Study of Three Aqueous Lanthanide Shift Reagents: Complexes with EDTA and Two Macrocyclic Ligands
Lanthanide aquo ions have frequently been used as shift reagents for the determination of the structure of water soluble molecules; more recently, lanthanide EDTA complexes have been used for the same purpose (1,2). The applicability and utility of aqueous shift reagents could be further increased if problems such as limited pH range, presence of higher than 1:1 complexes, contact shifts, and non-axial symmetry could be overcome. With these considerations in mind, we have investigated the shift reagent properties of the lanthanide complexes of two ligands, DOTA and NOTA, and we have compared them to the LnEDTA shift reagents.
KeywordsEDTA Titration Carboxylate Coord Potentiometric Titration
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.C. M. Dobson, R. J. P. Williams, A. V. Xavier, J. Chem. Soc., Dalton Trans., 1762 (1974).Google Scholar
- 3.C. N. Reilley, B. W. Good, J. F. Desreux, Anal. Chem., 47:2110 (1975). ~Google Scholar
- 6.B. Bleaney, J. Magn. Reson, 8: 91 (1972).Google Scholar
- 8.D. S. Everhart, R. F. Evilia, unpublished work. University of New Orleans.Google Scholar
- 9.B. W. Good, Ph.D. Thesis, University of North Carolina, 1978.Google Scholar