Supported Metal Carbonyl Clusters: Decomposition to Metals and Reactivity
The growing interest in the last 15 years for organometallic chemistry and homogeneous catalysis with organometallic catalysts supported experimental and theoretical evidence for strong analogies between organometallic chemistry or homogeneous catalysis and surface catalysis. In Table 1 some of the relevant contributions, dealing with this particular subject, are chronologically evidenced. Some logical and often evident similarities between the processes of coordination and chemisorption have been first pointed out; they have produced some new ideas on the electronic origin of the catalytic effects and on the mechanisms of surface catalysis. However for a long period the homogeneous reactions were only molecular processes in which one or two metal centers were involved in the catalytic activation, whilst it was quite obvious even at that time that on metal surfaces aggregates of few metals were involved in many catalytic processes.
KeywordsHomogeneous Catalysis Metal Carbonyl Carbonyl Cluster Carbonyl Ligand High Nuclearity
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.M. Ichikawa, J. Chem. Soc. Chem. Comm., 11 and 26 (1976).Google Scholar
- 3.G. C. Smith, T. P. Chojnacki, S. R. Dasgupta, K. Iwatate and K. L. Watters, Inorg. Chem., 14, 1419 (1975).Google Scholar
- 5.A. K. Smith, G. M. Zanderighi, A. Theolier, J. M. Basset, R. Ugo, J. L. Bilhou, V. Bilhou-Bouguol and W. F. Graydon, submitted to Inorg. Chem.Google Scholar
- 6.A. R. K. Smith, A. Theolier, J. M. Basset, G. M. Zanderighi, Psao and R. Ugo, to be submitted.Google Scholar
- 7.R. M. Laine, R. G. Rinker and P. C. Ford, J. Am. Chem. Soc.,, 252 (1972).Google Scholar
- 8.J. M. Basset, F. Hugues dit Ciles et al., to be submitted.Google Scholar
- 9.J. M. Basset, R. Ugo et al., to be submitted.Google Scholar
- 10.J. M. Basset, R. Ugo et al., to be submitted.Google Scholar
- 11.K. J. A. Azam, A. J. Deeming, R. Kimbar, and P. R. Shukla, Chem. Soc. Dalton, 1854 (1976).Google Scholar
- 12.G. B. Codurier, P. Gallezot, H. Praliaud M. Primet and B. Imelik, C. R. Acad. Sci. Paris, 282, Series C, 311 (1976).Google Scholar
- 14.R. Psau, A. Fusi, R. Ugo, J. M. Basset, and A. K. Smith, to be submitted.Google Scholar
- 15.J. M. Basset, Y. Chauvin, D. Commerec, A. K. Smith, and A. Theolier French Pat. 61716450 (May 26, 1977 ).Google Scholar