A Simple Model of Exxon’s Zn/Br2 Battery
A simple model of Exxon’s Zn/Br2 battery is predict the energy efficiency of the battery for resistivities and cell geometries. Efficiencies percent are predicted by the model.
KeywordsZinc Porosity Manifold Resis Bromine
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.P. G. Grimes and R. J. Bellows, “Shunt Current Control Methods in Electrochemical Systems — Applications,” Electrochemical Cell Design, R. E. White, Ed., Plenum Publishing Corp., 1984.Google Scholar
- 2.P. G. Grimes, R. J. Bellows and M. Zahn, “Shunt Current Control in Electrochemical Systems — Theoretical Analysis,” Electrochemical Cell Design, R. E. White, Ed., Plenum Publishing Corp., 1984.Google Scholar
- 3.M. Zahn, P. Grimes and R. Bellows, “Parasitic Current Elimination in Series-Connected Electrochemical Cell Systems with Shared Electrolyte. Part III — Channel Interconnects,” Extended Abstracts 81–1, Electrochemical Society Meeting, Minneapolis, MN, May 1981.Google Scholar
- 4.P. Grimes, M. Zahn and R. Bellows, “Shunt Current Elimination,” U.S. Patent 4,312,735, January 26, 1982.Google Scholar
- 5.Private communication, C. E. Jahnig (1981).Google Scholar
- 6.R. B. Bird, W. E. Stewart and E. N. Lightfoot, Transport Phenomena, John Wiley, NY, 1961, p. 62.Google Scholar
© Plenum Press, New York 1984