Laser Photolysis Studies of Quinone Reduction by Chlorophyll A in Homogeneous and Heterogeneous Systems
Different systems containing chlorophyll a and quinones are studied by pulsed laser photolysis as model systems for photosynthesis. The results obtained in fluid homogeneous solution are discussed to elucidate the general mechanism of the photoreaction. Heterogeneous systems, developed on the basis of this knowledge, reproduce much more closely the properties of the “in vivo” systems.
KeywordsCellulose Chlorophyll Cage Recombination Photosynthesis
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Beddard, G. S., Carlin, S. E. and Porter G., 197B, Chem. Phys. Lett., 43: 27.Google Scholar
- Borg, D. C., Fajer J., Felton R. H. and Dolphin D., 1970, Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci., U.S., 67: 813.Google Scholar
- Cheddar, G. and Tollin, G., 1980, Photobiochem. Photobiophys., 1: 235.Google Scholar
- Hurley, J. K., Castelli, F. and Tollin, G., 1981, Photochem. Photobiol., 34: 623.Google Scholar
- Parson, W. W. and Cogdell, R. J., 1975, Biochim. Biophys. Acta, 416: 105.Google Scholar