Electron-Beam Diagnostics of High Temperature Rarefied Gas Flows
Today the electron beam is one of the main methods for investigation of rarefied gas flows allowing us to determine a series of local parameters, such as density, partial concentrations, temperatures of internal degrees of freedom, etc. The main idea of the method is to determine gas parameters based on the radiation spectrum excited by a fast electron beam. The above-mentioned spectrum covers the range from X-ray region to visible one. The relation between the intensities excited by electron beam spectra and local gas parameters is provided either theoretically or by a calibration curve.
KeywordsDioxide Argon Recombination
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.E.P. Muntz, D.J. Mardsen, Electron Excitation Applied to the Experimental Investigation of Rarefied Gas Flows, in:“Rarefied Gas Dynamics”, Acad. Press, N-Y-L, 2:495 (1963).Google Scholar
- 2.S.L. Petrie, Flow Field Analysis in a Low Density Arc-Heated Wind Tunnel, in: “Proc. of the Heat Transf. & Fluid Mech. Inst.”, Stanford Univ. Press, Stanford, California (1965).Google Scholar
- 3.D.J. Sebacher, An Electron Beam Study of Vibrational and Rotational Relaxing Flows of Nitrogen and Air, in:“Proc. of the Heat Transf. & Fluid Mech. Inst.”, Stanford Univ. Press, Stanford California (1966).Google Scholar
- 5.A.A. Bochkarev, V.A. Kosinov, A.K. Rebrov, R.G. Sharafutdinov, Measurement of Gas Flow Parameters Using an Electron Beam, in “Experimental Methods in Rarefied Gas Dynamics”, Inst. of Thermophysics, Novosibirsk (1974) - In Russian.Google Scholar
- 6.C.A. Ziegler, L.L. Bird, K.H. Olson, J.A. Hull and J.A. Morreal, The Technique for Determining Density Distribution in Low Pressure High Temperature Gases, RSI, 35: 450 (1964).Google Scholar
- 7.A.M. Trohan, Measurement of Gas Flow Parameters by Beam of Fast Electrons, PMTF, 3:81 (1964) - In Russian.Google Scholar
- 8.L.I. Kuznetsov, A.K. Rebrov, V.N. Yarygin, Diagnostics of Ionized Gas by Electron Beam in X-Ray Spectrum Range, in“11th Intern. Conf. on Phenomena in Ionized Gases”, Prague (1973).Google Scholar
- 9.N.G. Zharkova, V.V. Prokkoev, A.K. Rebrov, P.A. Skovorodko, V.N. Yarygin, The Effects of Nonequilibrium Condensation and Vibrational Relaxation in Supersonic Expansion of Carbon Dioxide, in:“Rarefied Gas Dynamics”, CEA, R.Compargue, ed., Paris (1979).Google Scholar
- 10.N.G. Zharkova, L.I. Kuznetsov, A.K. Rebrov, V.N. Yarygin, Density Measurement of Rarefied Gas and Plasma by Electron Beam, TVT, 1:17 (1976) - In Russian.Google Scholar
- 11.L.I. Kuznetsov, Yu.S. Kusner, J.-C. Lengrand, S.A. Palopezhentsev, G.I. Sukhinin, Investigation of Diagnostic Electron Beam Plasma, in: “Diagnostic of Rarefied Gas Flows”, Inst. of Thermophysics, Novosibirsk (1979) - In Russian.Google Scholar
- 12.N.G. Gorchakova, V.N. Yarygin, Measurement of Partial Densities by the Electron Beam Technique in the N2-CO2 Mixture at High Temperatures, in: “Molecular Gas Dynamics”. Proc. of the 6th All-Union Conference, Inst, of Thermophysics, Novosibirsk, 3:121 (1979) - In Russian.Google Scholar