Anaerobic Treatment of Olive Oil Wastewater
In contrast to more subtle and less visible pollutants, spilled oil is responsible for easily identifiable adverse effects on the environment. Although, there exist numerous publications on the treatment of wastes from the petroleum and metallic oil production, the studies and research carried out for the treatment of olive oil extraction wastes are limited since olive is a typical product of the Mediterranean region.
KeywordsColor Removal Anaerobic Treatment Detention Time Black Water Gravity Separation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Raimundo, M.C., and Oliveria, J.S., “Pollution from Industrial Extraction of Olive Oil in Portugal”, Special Addendum to NATO-ASI,“ Theory and Practice of Biological Treatment ”Preprints, Boğaziçi Univ., Istanbul, July 13–23, 1976.Google Scholar
- Curi, K., Velioğlu, S.G., and Diyamandoğlu, V., “Treatment of Olive Oil Production Wastes”, Proceedings of the III. Turkish-German Environmental Engineering Symposium on “ Treatment and Disposal of Liquid and Solid Industrial Wastes” (K. Curi, ed.) Pergamon Press, 1980.Google Scholar
- Çamlilar, S.R., “Biological Treatability Studies and Design Considerations for Olive Oil Wastewater Treatment”, M.S. Thesis, Civil Eng’g Dept., Boğaziçi Univ., Istanbul, 1980.Google Scholar
- Lawrence, A.W., and McCarty, P.L., A Unified Basis for Biological Treatment Design and Operations, Journal of the Sanitary Engineering Division, ASCE, 96, SA3, 1970.Google Scholar
- Pfeffer, J.T., Reclamation of Energy from Organic Refuse, EPA-670/ 2-74-016, USEPA, National Environmental Research Center, Cincinnatti, Ohio, 1974.Google Scholar
- Sur, M.H., “Anaerobic Treatment of Olive Oil Wastewater”, M.S. Thesis, Civil Eng’g Dept., Boğaziçi Univ., Istanbul, 1981.Google Scholar
- Lawrence, A.W,, and McCarty, P.L., Kinetics of Methane Fermentation in Anaerobic Treatment, Journal of Water Pollution Control Federation, 41, 2, 1969.Google Scholar
- Ramalho, R.S., “Introduction to Wastewater Treatment Processes”, Academic Press, Inc., New York, 1977.Google Scholar
- Benefield, L.D., and Randall, C.W., “Biological Process Design for Wastewater Treatment”, Prentice-Hall, Inc., Englewood Cliffs, N.J., 1980.Google Scholar