Control of Chromosome Replication in Bacteria
The exciting progress that has recently been made in unravelling the replication control mechanisms that determine the copy numbers of several plasmids has been reviewed and updated by several contributors to this volume. In contrast, the control of chromosome replication in bacteria remains largely a closed book.
KeywordsRifampicin Chloramphenicol Meijer Phenicol
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.von Meyenburg, K., F.G. Hansen, E. Riise, H.E.N. Bergmans, M. Meijer, and W. Messer (1978) Origin of replication, oriC, of the Escherichia coli chromosome: Genetic mapping and minichromosome replication. Cold Spring Harbor Symp. Quant. Biol. 43:121–128.Google Scholar
- 4.Pritchard, R.H. (1978) Control of DNA replication in bacteria. In DNA Synthesis: Present and Future, I. Molineux and M. Kohijama, eds. Plenum, New York.Google Scholar
- 5.Pritchard, R.H. (1984) Control of DNA replication in bacteria. In The Microbial Cell Cycle, P. Nurse, and E. Streiblova, eds. CRC Press.Google Scholar
- 8.Orr, E., P.A. Meacock, and R.H. Pritchard (1978) Genetic and physiological properties of an Escherichia coli strain carrying the dnaA gene mutation T46. In DNA Synthesis: Present and Future, I. Molineaux, and M. Kohimaja, eds. Plenum, New York.Google Scholar
- 13.Rasmussen, K.V., T. Atlung, G. Kersman, G.E. Hansen, and F.G. Hansen (1983) Conditional change of DNA replication control in an RNA polymerase mutant of Escherichia coli. J. Bact. 1564:443–451.Google Scholar