Dynamic Mechanical Properties of Silicone Pressure-Sensitive Adhesives
The chemistry of silicone resins and siloxane gums used to prepare silicone pressure sensitive adhesives is briefly reviewed. The thermal, dynamic mechanical and X-ray scattering properties of the silicone adhesives is presented. A specific morphological model for the silicone pressure sensitive adhesives is proposed based on the characterization data. The results for adhesives prepared from polydimethyl siloxane gums is compared to adhesive prepared from polydimethyl-co-diphenyl siloxane gums.
KeywordsPeroxide Silicate Toluene Phenyl Oligomer
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.D.F. Merrill, Adhesives Age, 22, 39 (March 1979).Google Scholar
- 2.W.J. O’Malley, Adhesives Age, 18, 17 (June 1975).Google Scholar
- 3.J.C. Smith, Adhesives Age, 17, 27 (June 1974).Google Scholar
- 4.S.J. Price and J.B. Nathan, Adhesives Age, 17, 37 (Sept. 1974).Google Scholar
- 5.F.J. Modic, Adhesives Age, 5, 36 (Dec. 1962).Google Scholar
- 4.J.F. Dexter, U.S. Patent 2,736,721, Feb. 28, 1956.Google Scholar