Modern seismology has two main parts: foci seismology and structure seismology. The first part is connected with the study of earthquakes as physical phenomena and their consequences: seismicity and seismic risk. The second is connected with the Earth’s structure study using the seismic waves generated by earthquakes and artificial sources.
KeywordsTravel Time Siberian Platform Russian Platform Seismic Model Deep Seismic Sound
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.L. V. Antonova and F. F. Aptikayev, Experimental seismological study of the Earth’s interior, A. M. Epinatieva, ed., Nauka155 (in Russian), (1978).Google Scholar
- 2.I. P. Kosminskaya and N. K. Kapustian, Generalized seismic model of oceanic type. Physics of the Earth, Izv. of Acad.Sci.USSR, N 2, p. 35–45 (English translation), (1975).Google Scholar
- 3.Seismic models of the lithosphere for the major geostructures of the territory of the USSR, S. M. Zverev and I. P. Kosminskaya, eds., Nauka. M., 184, (in Russian; abstract and contents in English), (1980).Google Scholar
- 4.S. M. Zverev and N. K. Kapustian, Seismic study of the Pacific ocean the lithosphere, Nauka207 (in Russian), (1980).Google Scholar
- 5.N. I. Pavlenkova, Wave fields and crustal models (continental area), Naukova Dumka, Kiev, p. 189, (1973)Google Scholar
- 6.L. P. Vinnik and A. V. Yegorkin, Wave fields and models of the lithosphere-asthenosphere from the data of seismic observation in Siberia, Doklady of Acad.Sci.USSR, 250, N 2: 318–322 (1980).Google Scholar
- 7.A. V. Yegorkin and V. V. Kun, The P-wave absorption in the upper mantle. Physics of the Earth, Izv.Acad.Sci.USSR, N 4: 25–36 (English translation), (1978).Google Scholar
- A. V. Yegorkin and G. V. Egorkina, S waves in DSS observation. Geology and Geophysics N 6, Novosibirsk.Nauka., 109 – 120 (1980).Google Scholar
- I. P. Kosminskaya, Deep seismic sounding of the Earth’s crust and upper mantle. Consultant bureau, New-York, London, 184 (1971).Google Scholar
- 10.I. P. Kosminskaya and N. I. Pavlenkova, Seismic models of the inner parts of the Euro-Asian continent and its margins, Sh. Keen, ed., Tectonophysics, 59:307–320 (1979).Google Scholar