Routine Management of Myocardial Infarction
- 60 Downloads
Recent changes in the routine management of patients with uncomplicated myocardial infarction (MI) over a 10-year period have been highlighted in a publication that surveyed general and family practitioners, internists, and cardiologists in the United States . This survey revealed that half the myocardial infarcts were regarded as uncomplicated. Because intensive or coronary care facilities were widely available in both metropolitan and rural areas, more than 90 per cent of physicians routinely hospitalized their patients. Between 1970 and 1979, the use of intensive care and coronary care facilities increased and the availability of progressive care facilities rose from 33 to 75 per cent.
KeywordsAcute Myocardial Infarction Nitrous Oxide Beta Blocker Coronary Care Unit Routine Management
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 26.Weinrich DJ, Burke JF, Jo Pauletto F: Left ventricular mural thrombi complicating acute myocardial infarction. Ann Intern Med 100: 789–794, 1984.Google Scholar
- 32.Sixty Plus Reinfarction Group: A double-blind trial to assess long-term oral anticoagulant therapy in elderly patients after myocardial infarction, Lancet 11: 989–994, 1980.Google Scholar
- 33.Spicer J: The psychological impact of myocardial infarction. Technical Report No. 19: National Heart Foundation of New Zealand. Editor: Dr. D.R. Hay.Google Scholar
- 37.Naughton J, Sevelius G, Balke B: Physiological responses of normal and pathological subjects to a modified work capacity test. J Sports Med 3: 201, 1953.Google Scholar
- 44.Weld FM, Bigger JT: Risk stratification by exercise testing and 24-hour ambulatory electrocardiogram 2 weeks after acute myocardial infarction. Circulation 58(Suppl II): 11–198, 1978.Google Scholar
- 46.Goldschlager N: Treadmill exercise testing soon after myocardial infarction. Cardiovas Rev Rep 1: 397–402, 1980.Google Scholar
- 48.Lewis JA, Ellis SH: A statistical appraisal of postinfarction beta-blocker trials. Primary Car-diol. Suppl 1, 1982, pages 31–37.Google Scholar