Functional, Telechelic Polymers Derived from Reactions of Nucleophilic Oligomers and Alkeynl Azlactones, Part I: Telechelic Acrylamides Derived from Reactions of Alkeynl Azlactones and Amine-Terminated Oligomers
Because of their cost effectiveness and non-polluting nature, so-called 100% solids resin systems that can be converted to finished product on exposure to either electron beam or ultraviolet radiation are an important and permanent part of our present day technology. Applications for these curable systems are wide and extremely varied, from use as protective coatings on wood, metal, glass, and plastics to adhesives and restoratives used in the repair of teeth2.
KeywordsAmide Titration Adduct Carbonyl Vinyl
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.G.E. Green, B.P. Stark, and S.A. Zahin, J. Macro. Sei.-Revs. Macro. Chem., C21, 187 (1981–82).Google Scholar
- 3.C.B. Rybny, C.A. DeFazio, J.K. Shahidi, J.C. Trebellas, and J.A. Vona, J. Paint Tech., 46, 60 (1974).Google Scholar
- 5.H.C. Haas, U.S. Patent 3,396,030 (1968); Chem. Abstr., 69, 101768n (1968).Google Scholar
- 8.R. Korus and K.F. O’Driscoll, “Polymer Handbook”, 2nd edition by J. Brandrup and E.H. Immergut, Wiley-Interscience: New York (1975), pp. II–45ff.Google Scholar
- 10.S.M. Heilmann and H.K. Smith II, J. Appl. Polymer Sci., 24, 1551 (1979).Google Scholar
- 11.K. Hubner, F. Kollinsky, G. Market, and H. Pennewiss, Angew. Makromol. Chem., 11, 109 (1970).Google Scholar
- 12.J.S. Fritz, “Acid-Base Titrations in Nonaqueous Solvents”, Published by the G. Frederick Smith Chemical Company, Columbus (OH), 1952, p. 13.Google Scholar
- 13.“Jeffamine Polyoxypropyleneamines”, Technical Brochure, Jefferson Chemical Company (now Texaco Chemical Company (a Division of Texaco, Inc.)), 1978.Google Scholar
- 14.E.L. Yeakey, U.S. Patent 3,654,370, Apri 4, 1972; Chem. Abstr., 71, 50809g (1969).Google Scholar
- 14.H.G. Waddill and H. Schulz, U.S. Patent 4,178,427, December 11, 1979; Chem. Abstr., 92, 95128j (1980).Google Scholar
- 16.“The Dimer Acids”, E.C. Leonard, Ed., Humko Sheffield Chemical, Conn., 1975.Google Scholar
- 17.“1981 Annual Book of ASTM Standards”, Part 30, Published by the American Society for Testing and Materials, Philadelphia (PA), E 441–74, pp. 1027–1030.Google Scholar