Recent Results of the UAl Collaboration at the CERN Proton-Antiproton Collider
- 75 Downloads
Two years after the discovery of the intermediate vector bosons W and Z at the CERN collider, large amounts of data are now available, thanks to the improvements in luminosity and the efficient operation of the CERN accelerator complex and detectors. Therefore a comprehensive description of intermediate Vector Boson production and decay has now emerged. In addition jets, which have appeared as the dominant new phenomenon at the collider, are better understood. In this presentation I will review the latest results on the UA1 collaboration concerning “classical” collider physics. The first part deals with the production and decay of intermediate vector bosons, the second part will summarize the results on hadronic jets.
KeywordsAngular Distribution Transverse Momentum Fragmentation Function Transverse Energy Dalitz Plot
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- G. Arnison et al. (UA1 Collaboration), CERN EP 85 (108) submitted to Nuovo Cimento Letters.Google Scholar
- F.E. Paige and S.D. Protopopescu, ISAJET program, BNL 29777 (1981).Google Scholar
- The EUROJET Monte Carlo program contains all first-order (a2) and second-order (a ) QCD processes [see B. van Eijk, UA1 Technical Note UA1/TN/84–93 (1984), unpublished, and A. Ali, E. Pietarinen and B. van Eijk, to be published]. The heavy quark is fragmented using the parametrization of C. Peterson et al., Phys. Rev. D27 (1983) 105 and the V-A decay matrix elements.Google Scholar
- F. Bergsma et al. (CHARM Collaboration), A precision measurement of the ratio of neutrino-induced neutral-current and charged-current total cross-sections. Contributed paper to the Int. Symp. on Lepton and Photon Interactions at High Energies, Kyoto, Japan, 1985 : preprint CERN-EP/85–113 (1985)Google Scholar
- [11a]A. Blondel (CDHS Collaboration), Talk presented at the EPS International Europhysics Conference on High-Energy Physics, Bari, Italy,18–24 July 1985.Google Scholar
- L. de Leila, rapporteur talk at the EPS International Europhysics conference Bari, Italy, 18–24 July 1985.Google Scholar
- K. Althoff et al. (TASSO Collaboration), DESY 83–130 (1983).Google Scholar
- T. Akesson et al. (AFS Collaboration) CERN preprint (1985).Google Scholar