A Self-Timed Circuit for a Prolog Machine
An abstract memory, called MALI: “Mémoire Adaptée aux Langages Indéterministes”, has been designed at IRISA. The storage function of this memory is well suited for implementing relational non-deterministic languages such as Prolog (Bekkers et al 1984, 1986). A bi-processor Prolog-machine has been designed on the basis of this abstract memory: the main processor carries out system calls and performs the Prolog interpretation while a dedicated processor is intended for memory management. We describe the circuit which is the heart of the memory processor. The global architecture of the machine and the architecture of this circuit are presented.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Baker, H. G., “List Processing in Real Time on Serial Computers,” Comm. of the ACM, vol. 21, no. 4, April 1978.Google Scholar
- Bekkers, Y., Canet, B., Ridoux, O. and Ungaro, L., “A Memory Management Machine for Prolog Interpreters,” in Proc. 2nd Int. Logic Programming Conference, Uppsale, Sweden, 1984.Google Scholar
- Bekkers, Y., Canet, B., Ridoux, O. and Ungaro, L., “Mali: A Memory with Realtime Garbage Collector for Implementing Logic Programming Languages,” in 3rd Symposium on Logic Programming, Salt Lake City, 1986.Google Scholar
- Clarke, E., Emerson, E., and Sista, A., “Automatic Verification of Finite State Concurrent Systems using Temporal Logic Specifications: A Practical Approach,” in 10th ACM Symp. on Principles of Programming Languages,, 1983.Google Scholar
- Dill. D. and Clarke, E., “Automatic Verification of Asynchronous Circuits using Temporal Logic,” in Chapel Hill Conference on VLSI, Chapel Hill, North Carolina, 1985.Google Scholar
- Hayes, E., “Self-timed IC Design with PPL’s,” in 3th Caltech Conference on VLSI, Pasadena, Calif., March, 1983.Google Scholar
- Maritn, A., “The Design of a Self-timed Circuit for Distributed Mutual Exclusion,” in Chapel Hill Conference on VLSI, Chapel Hill, North Carolina, 1985.Google Scholar
- Malachi, Y. and Owicki, S., “Temporal Specifications of Self-timed Systems,” VLSI Systems and Computations, 1981.Google Scholar
- Seitz, C., “System Timing,” in Introduction to VLSI Systems, Mead, C. and Conway, L., Addison-Wesley, 1980.Google Scholar