Use of a Dot-Elisa Procedure for the Detection of Specific Antibodies in Cutaneous Leishmaniasis
American Tegumentary Leishmaniasis is a disease endemic on the America continent from northern Mexico to Argentina. This disease is of major importance in Peru, with over 2700 new cases being reported annually to Peruvian Ministry of Health, a figure which most probably is an underestimate1.
KeywordsVisceral Leishmaniasis Typhoid Fever Cutaneous Leishmaniasis Indirect Fluorescent Antibody Test American Cutaneous Leishmaniasis
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.H. Lumbreras and H. Guerra, Leishmaniasis in Peru, in “Leishmaniasis”, K-P Chang and R.S. Bray ed. Elsevier, Amsterdam (1985).Google Scholar
- 3.L. D. Hendricks and N. Wright, Diagnosis of cutaneous leishmaniasis by In vitro cultivation of saline aspirates in Schneider Drosophila medium, Amer. J. Trop. Med. Hyg., 28:962 (1979).Google Scholar
- 5.A. Herrer, H. A. Christensen and R. J. Beumer, Reservoir hosts of cutaneous leishmaniasis among Panamenian forest mammals, Am. J. Trop. Med. & Hyg. 22:585 (1973).Google Scholar
- 7.C. A. Cuba-Cuba, P. D. Marsden, A. C. Barreto, R. Rocha, R. R. Sampaio and L. Patzlaff, Diagnöstico parasitology co e inmunológico de Leishmania tegumentaria americana. Bol. Of. Pan.’Sal. 89:195 (1980).Google Scholar
- 9.M. Hommel, Enzymoimmunoassay in Leishmaniasis, Trans. R. Soc. Trop. Med. Hyg., 70:15 (1976).Google Scholar
- 10.M. Hommel, N. Peters, J. Ranque, M. Quilici and G. Lanotte, The micro-elisa technique in the serodiagnosis of visce ral leishmaniasis, Am. Trop. Med. Parasitol., 72:213 (1978).Google Scholar
- 14.M. C. S. Guimaraes, B. J. Celeste, M. E. Camargo and J. M. P. Dimiz, Seroepidemiology of cutaneous leishmaniasis from riberia do Iguape Valley. Ig M and Ig G antibodies detected by means of an immunoenzymatic assay (ELISA), Rev. do Ins. Med. Trop. Sao Paulo, 25:99 (1983).Google Scholar
- 15.L. A. Guevara, L. T. Paz, F. E. Nieto and J. Arévalo, Improvement of a dot-Elisa, using alkaline phosphatase, for the detections of antibodies in mucocutaneous leish maniasis, (1987, submitted).Google Scholar
- 16.O. H. Lowry, N. J. Rosebrough, A. L. Farr and R. J. Randall, Protein measurement with Folin phenol reagent, J. Biol. Chem., 193:275 (1951).Google Scholar
- 17.P. Griner, J. Raymond, A. Mushlin and P. Greenland, Selection and interpretation of diagnostic test and proce-dures, Ann. Int. Med. 94:553 (1981).Google Scholar
- 18.R. E. Duxbury and E. H. Sadum, Fluorescent antibody test for the serodiagnosis of visceral Leishmaniasis, Am. J. Trop. Med. Hyg., 18:525 (1964).Google Scholar