An Optimal Channel Allocation Algorithm in a Linear Cellular Reuse Partitioning Network
In this paper we consider a model of a linear network with reuse partitioning. An instance of the network is considered where a number of call requests are present at the different zones of each cell. Interference constraints prevent the use of the same channel in certain combination of zones at different cells. We obtain an algorithm that allocates a channel to each call request without violating the interference constraints and uses the minimum number of channels.
KeywordsChromatic Number Channel Assignment Interval Graph Channel Allocation Perfect Graph
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- P. P. Bhattacharya, L. Georgiadis and A. Krishna, “Distributed channel allocation for PCN with bursty traffic”, preprint. Also, Proc. INFOCOM, pp. 113–120, 1995.Google Scholar
- M. Frodigh, “Reuse partitioning combined with traffic adaptive channel assignment for highway microcellular systems”, Proc. GLOBECOM, pp. 1414–1418,1992.Google Scholar
- M. Grotschel, L. Lovasz and A. Schrijver, Geometric Algorithms and Combinatorial Optimization, Springer Verlag, 1985.Google Scholar
- S. W. Halpern, “Reuse partitioning in cellular systems”, Proc. Veh. Tech. Conf., pp. 322–327, 1983.Google Scholar
- K. Sallberg, B. Stavenow, and B. Eklundh, “Hybrid channel assignment and reuse partitioning in a cellular mobile telephone system”, Proc. Veh. Tech. Conf., pp.405–411,1987.Google Scholar
- J. Zander, “Generalized reuse partitioning in cellular mobile radio”, Proc. Veh. Tech. Conf., pp. 181–184,1993.Google Scholar