Electro-Optical Device Models for Electrical Simulators
- 104 Downloads
This paper describes the modeling for the analysis of electro-optical devices using a conventional electrical simulator. The proposed approach is intended for the analysis of optical sensor systems, which have optical and electronic devices integrated on the same silicon chip. Models have been developed using a hardware description language for the following devices: the LED, the photodiode and the absorbing medium. Suitable approximations allow the models to be accurate with a limited number of parameters while the computation time is kept sufficiently short. Simulation results show good agreement between numerical analysis and experimental data previously reported in the literature.
KeywordsRadiant Intensity Radiant Flux Peak Wavelength Electrical Section Wavelength Interval
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.H. Baltes, T. Boltshauser, O. Brand, R. Leggenhager and D. Jaeggi. “Silicon microsensors and microstructures,” Proc. 1992 IEEE Int. Symp. on Circ, and Syst., San Diego, CA, May 1992, pp. 1820–1823.Google Scholar
- 2.B. J. Hosticka, “Circuit and system design for silicon microsen-sors,”Proc. 1992 IEEE Int. Symp. on Circ, and Syst., San Diego, CA, May 1992, pp. 1824–1827.Google Scholar
- 4.ELDO electrical circuit simulator, ANACAD Computer Systems GmbH, Ulm, Germany, 1992.Google Scholar
- 5.ELDO-FAS dynamical system modeling, ANACAD Computer Systems GmbH, Ulm, Germany, 1991.Google Scholar
- 7.C. H. Gooch,Injection Electroluminescent Devices. J. Wiley: London, UK, 1973.Google Scholar
- 8.P. Antognetti (Ed.), Semiconductor Device Models for CAD Applications. McGraw-Hill: New York, NY, 1986.Google Scholar
- 9.R. S. Muller and T. I. Kamins,Device Electronics for Integrated Circuits (2nd ed.). J. Wiley: New York, NY, 1986.Google Scholar
- 10.ELDO model equations, ANACAD Computer Systems GmbH, Ulm, Germany, 1991.Google Scholar
- 12.Hewlett-Packard Company, Optoelectronics applications manual. McGraw-Hill: New York, NY, 1977.Google Scholar
- 13.Infrared Detectors and Emitters, Laser Devices Data Book. Telefunken Electronic, Heilbronn, Germany, 1986.Google Scholar