Prediction Using Relational Models
Prediction is the problem of extrapolating a given signal sequence (or time series) into the future. The many theoretical assumptions required for the formulation of well-posed problems using relational models are stated. Specific issues of the identification and modelling of dynamic systems are studied. These include model feedback topologies, and the concerns with the maintenance of the set-theoretical (or logical) nature of fuzzy models during parameter estimation. Examples are included. A typical prediction application crystalized in the form of a predictive control algorithm is presented and applied to the control of a physical system.
KeywordsMembership Function Fuzzy System Output Interface Defuzzification Method Parameter Estimation Algorithm
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Box, G.E.P, Jenkins, G.M. Time Series Analysis, Forecasting and Control, Holden Day, San Francisco.Google Scholar
- 4.Klir, G.F., and Folger, T.A., Fuzzy Sets, Uncertainty, and Information, (Engle-wood Cliffs, N.J., Prentice-Hall).Google Scholar
- 11.Nijmeijer, H. and Van der Schaft, A.J., (1990) Non-linear Dynamical Control of Systems, New York: Springer-Verlag.Google Scholar
- 14.Pedrycz, W. and Valente de Oliveira, J. (1993), “Optimization of fuzzy relational models”, Proc. 5th IFSA World Congress, Seoul, pp. 1187–1190.Google Scholar
- 15.Pedrycz, W., and Valente de Oliveira, J., (1994), “Fuzzy relational modelling of dynamic systems with regenerative I/O interfaces”, Proc. IEEE Conf. on Fuzzy Sys., Orlando, FL, 372–377.Google Scholar
- 16.Rao S.S., (1978), Optimization: Theory and Applications (Bombay: Wiley Eastern Limited)Google Scholar
- 18.Valente de Oliveira, J., (1993), “On optimal fuzzy systems I/O interfaces”, (1993) Proc. of the Second IEEE Int. Conf. on Fuzzy Systems, San Francisco, CA, pp. 851–856.Google Scholar
- 19.Valente de Oliveira, J., (1993), “A design methodology for fuzzy systems interfaces” IEEE Trans, on Fuzzy Systems, accepted for publication.Google Scholar
- 21.Valente de Oliveira, J. (1995), “Sampling, fuzzy discretization, and signal reconstruction”, Fuzzy Sets and Systems, in press.Google Scholar
- 22.Van der Rhee, F. (1988), “Fuzzy modelling and control based on cell structures”, PhD dissertation, Delft University of Technology.Google Scholar
- 24.Zadeh, L. A., (1971) “Toward a theory of fuzzy systems”, Aspects on Networks and Systems Theory, Kaiman, R. E., De Claris, N. (Edts). Holt, Rinehart, Winston, New York, pp. 209–245.Google Scholar