Measuring Money in the Netherlands
On September 22, 1995, Norbert Janssen (the first author of this contribution) publicly defended the thesis The Definition and Policy Relevance of Monetary Aggregates in the Netherlands: An Inquiry into the Measurement of Monetary Services to obtain his PhD-degree. The thesis was written under the joint supervision of Conrad Oort and Clemens Kool (the second author of this contribution).
KeywordsMoney Demand Monetary Aggregate Money Growth Saving Deposit Divisia Index
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Barnett, W.A. (1981), Consumer Demand and Labor Supply: Goods, Monetary Assets, and Time, North Holland, Amsterdam.Google Scholar
- Barnett, W.A., D. Fisher and A. Serletis (1992), Consumer Theory and the Demand for Money, Journal of Economic Literature, vol. 30, pp. 2086–2119.Google Scholar
- De Nederlandsche Bank, Annual Report, various issues, Amsterdam.Google Scholar
- Dennis, G.E.J. (1993), Monetary Aggregates and Economic Activity: Evidence from Five Industrial Countries, BIS Economic Papers, no. 7, Basle.Google Scholar
- Fase, M.M.G. (1985), Monetary Control: The Dutch Experience, in C. van Ewijk and J.J. Klant (eds.), Monetary Conditions for Economic Recovery, Financial and Monetary Policy Studies, 11, Martinus Nijhoff Publishers, Dordrecht, pp. 95–125.Google Scholar
- Fase, M.M.G., and M.E.J. Schuit (1992), Monetaire Aggregatie en de Divisia-Index, Maandschrift Economie, vol. 56, pp. 434–449.Google Scholar
- Fisher, P., S. Hudson and M. Pradhan (1993), Divisia Indices for Money: An Appraisal of Theory and Practice, Working Paper no. 9, Bank of England, London.Google Scholar
- Janssen, N.G.J., and A.P.van Veen (1990), Financiële Innovaties: Achtergrond en Betekenis, Economische Statistische Berichten, vol. 75, no. 3769, pp. 728–732.Google Scholar
- Janssen, N.G.J. (1995), The Definition and Policy Relevance of Monetary Aggregates in the Netherlands: An Inquiry into the Measurement of Monetary Services, Universitaire Pers Maastricht.Google Scholar
- Judd, J.P. and J.L. Scadding (1982), The Search for a Stable Money Demand Function, Journal of Economic Literature, 20, pp. 993–1023.Google Scholar
- Poole, W. (1988), Monetary Policy Lessons of Recent Inflation and Disinflation, Journal of Economic Perspectives, vol. 2, no. 3, pp. 73–100.Google Scholar
- Thornton, D.L. and P. Yue (1992), An Extended Series of Divisia Monetary Aggregates, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis Review, vol. 74, no. 6, pp. 35–52.Google Scholar