Nanostructures of Low Dimensional Oxides: Nature and Role of Defects
Short range (few nanometers) structural features are often correlated to local stoichiometry inhomogeneities. The suitable tool for studying such phenomena is undoubtly electron microscopy; it can indeed provide simultaneously a diffraction pattern (ED: electron diffraction), an atomic resolution image (HREM: high resolution electron microscopy) and a chemical analysis (EDS: energy dispersive spectrometry) of small or large areas; a statistical view of the sample can be obtained through the observation and the comparison of numerous grains. The will to characterize materials on a so small scale is justified by a fundamental goal: to know, to predict and to understand the materials, structural mechanisms and properties, by analysing some pieces of the puzzle.
KeywordsRock Salt High Resolution Electron Microscopy Tungsten Bronze Perovskite Layer HREM Image
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.B. Raveau, Proc. India,.Natn. Sci. Acad., 1, 67,1986.Google Scholar
- 2.J.P. Giroud, M. Goreaud, Ph. Labbé and B. Raveau, Acta Cryst. B37, 2342 (1982).Google Scholar
- 4.J.P. Giroud, M. Goreaud, Ph. Labbé and B. Raveau, Acta Cryst. B38, 2139 and 1163 (1981).Google Scholar
- 6.J.P. Giroud, M. Goreaud, Ph. Labbe and B. Raveau, J. of Solid State Chem., 44, 407 (1982).Google Scholar
- 9.M. Hervieu and B. Raveau, Chemica Scripta, 22, 117 and 123 (1983).Google Scholar
- 10.B. Domenges, M. Hervieu and B. Raveau, Acta Cryst. B40, 249 (1984).Google Scholar
- 12.M. Hervieu, B. Domenges, R.J.D. Tilley and B. Raveau, J. of Solid State Chem. 57, 10 (1985)Google Scholar
- 13.B. Raveau, C. Michel, M. Hervieu and D. Groult, Crystal Chemistry of High Tc Superconducting Copper Oxides. Springer Series in Material s Science.Google Scholar
- 14.A. Magneli, Chem. Scr. 26, 535, 1 986.Google Scholar
- 15.B. Raveau, C. Michel, M. Hervieu and D. Groult. Chemistry of Superconductors Materials. Terrel A. Vanderah, Nyes Pub., 106 (1991).Google Scholar
- 16.B. Raveau, C. Michel and M. Hervieu, Defects in electronic ceramics, Trans. Tech. Pub., 116, 1 (1993)Google Scholar