Nanostructures of Low Dimensional Oxides: Nature and Role of Defects
Short range (few nanometers) structural features are often correlated to local stoichiometry inhomogeneities. The suitable tool for studying such phenomena is undoubtly electron microscopy; it can indeed provide simultaneously a diffraction pattern (ED: electron diffraction), an atomic resolution image (HREM: high resolution electron microscopy) and a chemical analysis (EDS: energy dispersive spectrometry) of small or large areas; a statistical view of the sample can be obtained through the observation and the comparison of numerous grains. The will to characterize materials on a so small scale is justified by a fundamental goal: to know, to predict and to understand the materials, structural mechanisms and properties, by analysing some pieces of the puzzle.
KeywordsMigration Cage Hexagonal Tungsten Fluorite
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.B. Raveau, Proc. India,.Natn. Sci. Acad., 1, 67,1986.Google Scholar
- 2.J.P. Giroud, M. Goreaud, Ph. Labbé and B. Raveau, Acta Cryst. B37, 2342 (1982).Google Scholar
- 4.J.P. Giroud, M. Goreaud, Ph. Labbé and B. Raveau, Acta Cryst. B38, 2139 and 1163 (1981).Google Scholar
- 6.J.P. Giroud, M. Goreaud, Ph. Labbe and B. Raveau, J. of Solid State Chem., 44, 407 (1982).Google Scholar
- 9.M. Hervieu and B. Raveau, Chemica Scripta, 22, 117 and 123 (1983).Google Scholar
- 10.B. Domenges, M. Hervieu and B. Raveau, Acta Cryst. B40, 249 (1984).Google Scholar
- 12.M. Hervieu, B. Domenges, R.J.D. Tilley and B. Raveau, J. of Solid State Chem. 57, 10 (1985)Google Scholar
- 13.B. Raveau, C. Michel, M. Hervieu and D. Groult, Crystal Chemistry of High Tc Superconducting Copper Oxides. Springer Series in Material s Science.Google Scholar
- 14.A. Magneli, Chem. Scr. 26, 535, 1 986.Google Scholar
- 15.B. Raveau, C. Michel, M. Hervieu and D. Groult. Chemistry of Superconductors Materials. Terrel A. Vanderah, Nyes Pub., 106 (1991).Google Scholar
- 16.B. Raveau, C. Michel and M. Hervieu, Defects in electronic ceramics, Trans. Tech. Pub., 116, 1 (1993)Google Scholar