Object Recognition and Location by a Bottom-Up Approach
The advantages deriving from a hierarchical imp1ementation of the “Labeled Hough Transform” are pointed out. It offers flexibility? confidence and a reduced computation time. Moreover it furnishes more information? useful when we face the partial occlusion problem. After a description of the technique and its main characteristics, we present some encouraging experimental results obtained with artificial images.
KeywordsRecognition Process Edge Point Contour Point Reduce Computation Time Reference Table
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.J.L. Turney, T.N. Nudge, R.A. Volz, M.D. Diamond, “Experiments in Occluded Parts Recognition Using the Generalized Hough Transform”, Proc of the Conference on A.I., Oakland University, Rochester, 1983.Google Scholar
- 3.J. L. Turney, T. N. Nudge, R. A. Volz, “Recognizing partially occluded parts”, Center for robotics and integrated manufactoring, University of Michigan, RSD-TR-20-83, 1983.Google Scholar
- 5.K. R. Sloan Jr, D. H. Ballard, “Experience with the generalized Hough transform”, Proc. V Int. Conf. of Pattern Recognition, Miami (FL), 1980, 174–179.Google Scholar
- 6.V. Cantoni, L.Carrioli, “Structural Shape Recognition in a Multiresolution Environment”, Signal Processing April 1987.Google Scholar
- 7.V. Cantoni, G. Musso, “Shape Recognition Using the Hough Transform”, Cybernetic systems: recognition, learning, self organization E. R. Caianiello and G. Musso, eds. Wiley & Sons, 1981, pp. 121–128.Google Scholar
- 8.A. Arbuschi, V. Cantoni, G. Musso, “Recognition and location of mechanical parts using the Hough technique” Digital Image Analysis, S. Levialdi (ed), Pitman, 1984, 373–379.Google Scholar
- 9.O. Skliar, M.H. Loew, “A new method for characterization of shape”, Depart. of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, George Washington University.Google Scholar
- 10.V. Cantoni, S.Levialdi, “Contour Labelling by Pyramidal Processing”, in Intermediate-level Image Processing, M. B. Duff ed., pp. 179–188, Ac. Press, 1986.Google Scholar