Point Pattern Matching and Corner Finding For Line Drawings
This paper proposes a robust method for matching labeled point patterns. A point pattern is partitioned into a set of triangles using the Delaunay triangulation. For the corresponding triangle pair, a consistency graph is constructed based on the pairwise compatibility between the points in the triangles. The matching is accomplished by locating the largest maximal clique of the consistency graph. A new method for detecting corners is also proposed, based on the local symmetry of a discrete curve. The corners are used as the feature points in point pattern representation and matching of the line drawings.
KeywordsLine Drawing Delaunay Triangulation Local Symmetry Point Pattern Point Pair
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.S. T. Barnard and W. B. Thompson, “Disparity analysis of images,” IEEE Trans. Pattern Anal. Mach. Intell., PAMI-2, 333 - 340 (1980).Google Scholar
- 5.N. Ahuja, “Dot pattern processing using Voronoi neighborhoods,” IEEE Trans. Pattern Anal. Mach. Intell., PAMI-4, 336–343 (1982).Google Scholar
- 6.R. C. Bolles, “Robust feature matching through maximal cliques,” Proc. Soc. Photo-opt. Instrum Engrs 182, 140–149 (1979).Google Scholar
- 7.A. Rosenfeld and E. Johnston, “Angle detection on digital curves,” IEEE Trans. Computers C-22, 875–878 (1973).Google Scholar
- 8.A. Rosenfeld and J. S. Weszka, “An improved method of angle detection on digital curves,” IEEE Trans. Computers C-24, 940–941 (1975).Google Scholar
- 9.H. Freeman and L. Davis, “A corner-finding algorithm for chain-coded curves,” IEEE Trans. Computers C-26, 297–303 (1977).Google Scholar
- 10.I. M. Anderson and J. C.Bezdek, “Curvature and tangential deflection of discrete arcs,” IEEE Trans. Pattern Anal. Mach. Intell., PAMI-6, 27–40 (1984).Google Scholar
- 11.T.Koyama, M. Shiono, H. Sanada and,Y. Tezuka, “Corner detection on thinned pattern,” Tech. Rep. of the Professional Group on Pattern Recognition and Learning, IECE Japan, PRL80-107, 83–90 (1980).Google Scholar
- 12.T. Matuyama, H. Yonezawa and M. Nagao, Proc. of 30th national conference, IPS of Japan, 1163–116 (1985).Google Scholar