Point Pattern Matching and Corner Finding For Line Drawings
This paper proposes a robust method for matching labeled point patterns. A point pattern is partitioned into a set of triangles using the Delaunay triangulation. For the corresponding triangle pair, a consistency graph is constructed based on the pairwise compatibility between the points in the triangles. The matching is accomplished by locating the largest maximal clique of the consistency graph. A new method for detecting corners is also proposed, based on the local symmetry of a discrete curve. The corners are used as the feature points in point pattern representation and matching of the line drawings.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.S. T. Barnard and W. B. Thompson, “Disparity analysis of images,” IEEE Trans. Pattern Anal. Mach. Intell., PAMI-2, 333 - 340 (1980).Google Scholar
- 5.N. Ahuja, “Dot pattern processing using Voronoi neighborhoods,” IEEE Trans. Pattern Anal. Mach. Intell., PAMI-4, 336–343 (1982).Google Scholar
- 6.R. C. Bolles, “Robust feature matching through maximal cliques,” Proc. Soc. Photo-opt. Instrum Engrs 182, 140–149 (1979).Google Scholar
- 7.A. Rosenfeld and E. Johnston, “Angle detection on digital curves,” IEEE Trans. Computers C-22, 875–878 (1973).Google Scholar
- 8.A. Rosenfeld and J. S. Weszka, “An improved method of angle detection on digital curves,” IEEE Trans. Computers C-24, 940–941 (1975).Google Scholar
- 9.H. Freeman and L. Davis, “A corner-finding algorithm for chain-coded curves,” IEEE Trans. Computers C-26, 297–303 (1977).Google Scholar
- 10.I. M. Anderson and J. C.Bezdek, “Curvature and tangential deflection of discrete arcs,” IEEE Trans. Pattern Anal. Mach. Intell., PAMI-6, 27–40 (1984).Google Scholar
- 11.T.Koyama, M. Shiono, H. Sanada and,Y. Tezuka, “Corner detection on thinned pattern,” Tech. Rep. of the Professional Group on Pattern Recognition and Learning, IECE Japan, PRL80-107, 83–90 (1980).Google Scholar
- 12.T. Matuyama, H. Yonezawa and M. Nagao, Proc. of 30th national conference, IPS of Japan, 1163–116 (1985).Google Scholar