Towards a More Holistic Systems Analysis Process
Forty years ago, Kurt Lewin (1947a) stated, “The time has come for researchers and experts to abandon their ivory towers and go down into the action of the real world…” Although this statement was published in Human Relations, a journal founded in 1947 jointly by Great Britain’s Tavistock Institute and Lewin’s nearest collaborators, most consultants continue acting as experts or Freudian analysts completely detached from the situation of which they are called upon to make sense.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Bloom, B. S., 1956, Taxonomy of educational objectives, in: “Handbook 1, Cognitive Domain”, McKay, New York.Google Scholar
- Capra, F., 1988, Mainstream in crisis, AHP Perspect., July: 3.Google Scholar
- Checkland, P. B., 1981, “Systems Thinking, Systems Practice”, Wiley, Chichester.Google Scholar
- Dolbec, A., and Goulet, G., 1988, On looking at human systems to exchange personal epistemologies, in: “Proc. XXXIII Conference of International Society for General Systems Research”, St. Louis.Google Scholar
- Goulet, G., and Dolbec, A., 1987, A systemic model of intended change through research action, in: “Proc. XXXII Conference of International Society for General Systems Research”, Budapest.Google Scholar
- Hersey, P., and Blanchard, H., 1982, “Management of Organizational Behaviour: Utilising Human Resources”, Prentice Hall, Englewood Cliffs.Google Scholar
- Kepner, E., 1980, Gestalt group process, in: “Beyond the Hot Seat: Approaches to Group”, B. Feder and R. Ronald, eds., Brunner/Mazel, New York.Google Scholar
- Nevis, E., 1987, “Organizational Consulting: a Gestalt Approach”, Gestalt Institute of Cleveland, Gardner Press, New York.Google Scholar
- Polster, E., and Polster, M., 1973, “Gestalt Therapy Integrated”, Brunner/ Mazel, New York.Google Scholar
- Vickers, G., 1970, “The Art of Judgement: a Study of Policy Making”, Harper and Row, London.Google Scholar
- von Bertalanffy, L., 1967, “Robots, Men and Minds”, Braziller, New York.Google Scholar