SSC Superconducting Dipole Magnet Cryostat Magnet Cryostat Model Style B Construction Experience
A program to upgrade the full scale SSC dipole magnet cryostat model function and assembly methods has resulted in a series of dipole magnets designated as style B construction. New design features and assembly techniques have produced a magnet and cryostat assembly that is the basis for Phase I of the SSC dipole magnet industrialization program. Details of the assembly program, assembly experience, and comparison to previous assembly experiences are presented. Improvements in magnet assembly techniques are also evaluated.
KeywordsVacuum Vessel Support Post Support Ring Anchor System Thermal Shield
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.SSC Central Design Group , “Conceptual Design of the Superconducting Super Collider”, SSC-SR-2020, March, 1986.Google Scholar
- 2.Engler, N.H., et al, “SSC Dipole Magnet Model Construction Experience”, presented at the 1987 Cryogenic Engineering Conference, June 14–18, 1987, St. Charles, Illinois.Google Scholar
- 3.R.C. Niemann, et al, “Second Generation Superconducting Super Collider Dipole Magnet Cryostat Design”, Annual Energy Souces Technology Conference, January 23–25, 1989 in Houston, Texas.Google Scholar
- 4.Ohmori, T., et al, “Thermal Performance of a Candidate SSC Magnet Thermal Insulation Systems”, Adv. Cryo. Engr. Vol. 33, pp 323,(1987)Google Scholar
- 5.Nicol, T.H., et al., “SSC Magnet Cryostat Suspension System Design,” Adv. Cryo. Engr., Vol. 33, pp 227, (1987).Google Scholar
- 6.R.A. Bossert, et al, “Superconducting Magnet Interconnections,” International Industrial Symposium On The Super Collider Conference February 8–10, 1989, in New Orleans, Louisiana.Google Scholar