Dispersive Ultrasonic Waves in Adhesive Bonds
The verification of the adhesive bonds is one of the major problems in many fields. Different methods were suggested to check the quality of the bonds between a layer and a layer or a substrate. Most of these techniques are based on a spectral analysis of the acoustical signal reflected at normal incidence [1–5]. In this paper we focalize our attention on the analysis of the phase velocity dispersion curves characterizing the different samples and we suggest the use of these curves for checking the quality of the bonds.
KeywordsDispersion Curve Critical Angle Reflection Measurement Transmission Measurement Acoustic Beam
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.G. A. Alers, P. Y. Flynn and M. J. Buckley, Mat. Eval. 77–84 (April 77).Google Scholar
- 2.J. C. Couchman, F. H. Chang, B. G. W. Yee and J. R. Bell, IEEE Trans. on Sonics and Ultra. SU-25, 5–293–300 (1978).Google Scholar
- 4.G. Biggiero, G. Canella and A. Moschini, NDT Inter. April 83 (pp. 67–73).Google Scholar
- 5.A. Pilarski, Mat. Eval., 43, pp. 765–770 (1985).Google Scholar
- 9.G. W. Farnell and E. L. Adler, Physical Acoustics Vol. IX, Academic Press, New York (1972), Chap. 2.Google Scholar