Public Health Service guidelines for counseling and antibody testing to prevent HIV infection and AIDS
These guidelines are the outgrowth of the 1986 recommendations published in the MMWR;l the report on the February 24–25,1987, Conference on Counseling and Testing;2 and a series of meetings with representatives from the Association of State and Territorial Health Officials, the Association of State and Territorial Public Health Laboratory Directors, the Council of State and Territorial Epidemiologists, the National Association of County Health Officials, the United States Conference of Local Health Officers, and the National Association of State Alcohol and Drug Abuse Directors.
KeywordsHuman Immunodeficiency Virus Human Immunodeficiency Virus Infection Human Immunodeficiency Virus Testing Human Immunodeficiency Virus Antibody Local Health Officer
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.CDC: Additional recommendations to reduce sexual and drug abuse-related transmission of human T-lymphotropic virus type III/lymphadenopathy-associated virus. MMWR 1986; 35:152–5.Google Scholar
- 2.CDC: Recommended additional guidelines for HIV antibody counseling and testing in the prevention of HIV infection and AIDS. Atlanta, Georgia, US Department of Health and Human Services, Public Health Service, 1987.Google Scholar
- 6.CDC: Tuberculosis provisional data—United States, 1986. MMWR 1987; 36:254–5.Google Scholar
- 7.CDC: Diagnosis and management of mycobacterial infection and disease in persons with human T-lymphotropic virus type III/lymphadenopathy-associated virus infection. MMWR 1986; 35:448–52.Google Scholar
- 8.CDC: Human immunodeficiency virus infection in transfusion recipients and their family members. MMWR 1987; 36:137–40.Google Scholar
- 9.Hammett TM: AIDS in correctional facilities: issues and options. 2nd ed. Washington, DC, US Department of Justice, National Institute of Justice, 1987.Google Scholar