Limited-Angle Planar Diffraction Tomography Using Optimal Incident Angles
We have shown in an earlier paper that the expected mean-sguares error for a planar imaging system using optimal incident angles is lower than that for the uniformly-spaced incident angles when a full 180° range of incident angles is available.
In this paper, we present an analysis of the expected mean-sguares error for the case when the range of the incident angles is small than 180°. The range of incident angles over which useful projection data are not availabe is employed as a parameter. A first-order solution and computer simulation are presented. They both show that the expected mean-sguares error increases as the range of incident angles decreases.
KeywordsIncident Angle Acoustical Image Uniform Scheme Source Matrix Oblique Incident Angle
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Lan, Q.C. and Wade, G. ‘Limited-Angle Diffraction Tomography and its Application to Planar Scanning System’. IEEE Trans, on Sonics and Ultrason., Vol. SU-32 (1985), pp. 9–16.Google Scholar
- 4.Lin, Z. C. ‘A Planar Ultrasonic Tomographic Imaging System’. Ph. D. Dissertation, University of California, Santa Barbara, (1984).Google Scholar
- 5.Lin, Z. C., Wade, G. and Schueler, C. F. ‘Computer-Assisted Tomographic Acoustic Microscopy for Subsurface Imaging’. Acoustical Imaging, Plenum, New York, Vol. 13 (1983) pp. 91–105.Google Scholar
- 6.Lin, Z. C., Wade, G. and Lee, H. ‘Scanning Tomographic Acoustic Microscope: A Review’. IEEE Trans, on Sonics and Ultrason., Vol. SU-32 (1985), pp. 168–180.Google Scholar
- 7.Lee H., Schueler, C.F., Flesher, G. and Wade, G. ‘Ultrasonic Planar Scanned Tomography’. Acoustical Imaging, Plenum, New York, Vol. 11 (1982), pp. 309–323.Google Scholar
- 10.Chen, C. H., Meyyappan, A. and Wade, G. ‘Limited-Angle Diffraction Tomography in STAM: An Analysis’. Proc. of IV Mediterranean Conference on Medical and Biological Engineering’. Sevilla, Spain (1986), pp. 3–6.Google Scholar