Spin-Isospin Response of a Nucleon at High Excitation Energy
Charge-exchange reactions have been used recently to study excitation of internal degrees of freedom of a nucleon inside nuclei. The simplest example is the excitation of a delta-isobar in nuclei seen in the reactions (3He,t) [1,2] and (d,2p) . An important feature of the latter reaction is that it presents the possibility of using polarized deuterons to study the spin structure of the reaction amplitude.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.V. G. Ableev, G. G. Vorob’ev, S. M. Eliseev et al., JETP Letters 40 (1984) 763.Google Scholar
- 2.D. Contardo et al., Phys. Lett. 168B (1986) 331.Google Scholar
- 4.C. Gaarde, V. F. Dmitriev, O. P. Sushkov, Nucl. Phys. A459 (1986) 503.Google Scholar
- 5.V. F. Dmitriev, Preprint INP 86-118, Novosibirsk.Google Scholar
- 6.C. Gaarde, private communication.Google Scholar
- 7.V. Flaminio et al., CERN-HERA 84-01 (1984).Google Scholar