Effect of Oral Copper Needles and Parenteral Copper on Hypocupraemia, Body Weight Gain and Fertility in Cattle
In previous studies in the lowland areas of Santa Fe Province, Argentina, it was demonstrated that beef cattle showing leg stiffness, walking difficulties and spontaneous bone fractures were affected with severe conditioned copper deficiency. This was corrected by parenteral copper suplementation (Gonzalez Pondal et al, 1975).
KeywordsMolybdenum Argentina Aires
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Bingley, J.B., Ruksan, B.E., and Carrillo, B.J., (1978), Rev. Med. Vet., 59, 3–8.Google Scholar
- Dewey, D.W., (1977), Search 8, 326–327.Google Scholar
- Gonzalez Pondal, D., Casaro, A.E.P., and Carrillo, B.J., (1975), Fundación J.M. Aragon Publ. No. 3.Google Scholar
- Judson, C.J., Dewey, D.W., McFarlene, J.D., and Riley, W.J., (1981), xxxxx In: Trace Element Metabolism in Man and Animals-TEMA 4 (Eds. J. McC. Howell, J.M. Gawthorne, and C.I. White), pp. 187–190, Canberra: Austral. Acad. Sci.Google Scholar
- Phillippo, M., Humphries, W.R., Brenner, J., Atkinson, T., and Henderson,0., (1985), In: Trace Elements in Man and Animals-TEMA 5 (Eds. C.F. Mills, I. Bremner, and J.K. Chesters), pp. 176–180, Aberdeen; Commonwealth Agricultural Bureaux.Google Scholar
- Ruksan, B.E., Casaro, A.E.P., Jaschke, J., Lagos, F., and Gonzalez Pondal,D., (1981), In: Trace Element Metabolism in Man and Animals-TEMA 4, (Eds. J. McC. Howell, J.M. Gawthorne, and C.I. White), pp. 179–182, Canberra: Austral. Acad. Sci.Google Scholar