Nonequilibrium Effects in Electron Transport at High E/n
The nonequilibrium effects in electron transport at high E/n are studied using the multibeam model. The reasoning leading to the model is explained. An analytically solvable multibeam model is utilized to illustrate the various features observed in the transient and steady ionization growth at high E/n. Finally, the failure of the concept of the effective field at high E/n for a high-frequency field-driven electron swarm is explained using the multibeam model.
KeywordsSecondary Electron Primary Electron Ionization Rate Energy Balance Equation Electron Energy Distribution Function
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Allis, W. P ., 1956, “Handbuch der Physik,” Flugge, S., (Ed.), Springer, Berlin, 21, 383–444.Google Scholar
- Guest, G. E., R. A. Dandl, 1989, Plasma Chem. Plasma Process. 9, 55S.Google Scholar
- Hays, G. N., J. B. Gerardo, L. C. Pitchford, Y. M. Li, J. T. Verdeyen, 1989, private communication.Google Scholar
- Li, Y. M., L. C. Pitchford, 1989, Bull. Am. Phys. Soc. 34, 306.Google Scholar
- Phelps, A. V., L. C. Pitchford, 1985b, JILA Information Report No. 26, University of Colorado, Boulder, CO.Google Scholar
- Pitchford, L. C., Y. M. Li, 1988, Bull. Am. Phys. Soc. 33, 136.Google Scholar