Electrochemical Measurement Techniques
Phase relations, thermodynamic and kinetic data are among the most fundamental materials parameters. They provide information about the existing stable phases, stability ranges, non-stoichiometries, atomic disorder, energies of formation, and electronic and ionic transport properties. Many other materials properties are closely related to these quantities. In spite of the importance of these fundamental parameters, little information is presently known as may be easily recognized by looking at the small number of investigated phase diagrams of multinary systems. In addition, the precision of the parameters is getting more and more important since even very small variations of the composition may have a large influence on the materials properties. The activities of the components change rapidly for most solids as a function of the composition. Furthermore, the present tendency of miniaturization requires more carefully the consideration of stability requirements .
KeywordsEntropy Crystallization Zirconia Enthalpy Lithium
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- W. Weppner, Phase Stability of Crystalline Fast Ion Conductors, this volumeGoogle Scholar
- W. Weppner and R.A. Huggins, in: Fast Ion Transport in Solids; Electrodes and Electrolytes (P. Vashishta, J.N. Mundy, and G.K. Shenoy, Eds.), Elsevier North Holland Inc. New York, N.Y., 1979, p. 475Google Scholar
- W. Sitte and W. Weppner, Z. Naturforsch. 42a, 1 (1987)Google Scholar
- P. Hartwig, W. Weppner, and W. Wichelhaus, in: Fast Ion Transport in Solids; Electrodes and Electrolytes (P. Vashishta, J.N. Mundy, and G.K. Shenoy, Eds.) Elsevier North Holland Inc., New York, N.Y., 1979, p. 487.Google Scholar
- W. Weppner, Novel Solid State Gas Sensors, this volumeGoogle Scholar
- E.J.L. Schouler, in: Solid State Protonic Conductors III; for Fuel Cells and Sensors (J.B. Goodenough, J. Jensen, and A. Potier, Eds.) Odense Univ. Press Odense, Denmark, 1985, p. 16Google Scholar
- C. Wagner, Proc. 7th Meeting CITCE, Lindau, 1955, Butterworth, London, 1957, p. 361Google Scholar